Thursday 5 February 2009

Vocals and Performance: Etta James Beyonce Diss:Etta Slams Beyonce At Last Obama Inauguration Performance

Watch the two performances of the classic song "At Last"
Etta James recently performed in Seattle where she blasted Beyonce singing her song “At Last” for The Obamas on Inauguration night. James told the audience:

“You know, your President, the one with the big ears-he ain’t my President–had that woman singing for him at his Inauguration. She’s going to get her ass whooped.”

She added:

“How dare Beyonce sing my song that I been singing forever. Now I’m going to sing it for y’all….”

What do you think?

I must admit that Beyonce is one of the best entertainers of our time, but here we have a clash of generations I guess ... Etta James is a legend though

Video 1 - Etta James - At Last (LIVE). This is not in Seattle, but this is my favorite performance that I've seen:




Video 2: Beyonce "At Last" Inaugural Neighborhood Ball Barack & Michelle Obama's "First Dance"

No comments:

Post a Comment