Thursday 16 August 2018

Telling a story through music: Jahna Sebastian talks to rapper GV in Manhattan, New York


Legends On The Map New York
GV: In my videos I like to go a little in depth, I like to make them like little short films. I definitely love story lines in music itself. When you hear a beat by itself, it has a story line to it, when you add lyrics to it, you’re creating different stories, so when you put a visual behind it, it’s like a third parallel. So I take that very seriously, I make sure that my videos are gonna grab you, when you see them, they gonna make sense to you, as you’re watching in order, you’re gonna see how one leads to the other, and Imma continue that journey.
Jahna Sebastian: So you are a true storyteller.
GV: Definitely
Jahna Sebastian: This is what it’s about, it’s about telling stories. Not just dropping random tunes, just because that’s what’s out there, trying to get the clicks and the likes. It’s about telling the stories, one comes out of another, I definitely support that. That’s how I create as well, my second album comes out of the first album, it’s a continuous journey.
GV: Definitely, I’ve been able to hear some of your music. I definitely feel the spirit and the heart, the passion through it, and that’s what automatically drew me to your music and the energy itself.
Jahna Sebastian: Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment